These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.

Totem Tribe Forum

Walkthrough
PC Download Apple App Store

Building a huge army

By shaker
09/25/2010
Has anyone else figured this out. Start each chapter building as many huts a possible, without getting in battle trouble, so that you have lots of workers. This will make the building and repairs go faster.

Then destroy them and build as many barracks as will fit, allow them to train all fighters possible, then destroy them (except maybe one you need for next step).

Repeat with all buildings (have to build reqiured buildings for each). Build all you can and allow that type

You will end with huge numbers to throw against your hapless foes. Then you can build mucho towers for defense.

You see my master plan. Mu-ah-ha-ha! :)
By shaker
09/26/2010
I didn't finish a sentence in my original post. .... allow each type of building to train all possible units before you start destroying to make room for the next type.

Here's more info on how this works: If you build only one, for example barracks, it will train 6 fighters. Then if you destroy that barracks, you still have those 6 fighters. If you rebuild only one barracks, it will not train any more fighters as long as you still have those first 6. But a second barracks will train another 6 for total of 12.

So let's say you build 10 barracks, wait for all training, then tear down 9 and leave only 1 barracks. You'll have 60 fighters, but none would get replaced unless a battle ghosted them down to less than 6 fighters. But so what, with huge numbers of every type (including witch doctors for healing), your army will kick butt.

And don't forget you can then use the space saved at your base to build a forest of towers to protect your heroes.

Let me know if anyone finds this helpful AND whether you class it as a tip or a cheat :)
By kerryberry
10/07/2010
helps me.
By kerryberry
10/07/2010
Do lyou mean when you first visit the island, or should I go back and do it for the final battle?
By bozak
11/26/2010
I do it when I first visit the island. In other words before I engage any enemies. Build out, and do the rebuilds, as far as comfortable with out getting attacked yet.
These are our legacy forums. Please go to the game walkthrough and scroll to the bottom for our new forums.